The Regional Peace and Disarmament Movement (RPM) is the legal identity of the Israeli Disarmament Movement (IDM), founded at 2010 and registered as an NGO by the Israeli Ministry of Justice at 2011. Our main goals are a WMD Free Zone in the Middle East and a Global Nuclear Ban.
RPM’s goals as registered at the Israeli Ministry of Justice are as follow:
- Representation of international campaigns for nuclear disarmament, as part of international efforts towards a nuclear ban.
- Promoting the discourse in Israel regarding nuclear and other weapons of mass destruction.
- Promotion of Israel’s integration in international initiatives and treaties banning nuclear weapons.
- Promotion of Israel’s participation in international and regional initiatives calling for WMD Free Zones and in particular in the Middle East.
- Promotion of the Arab Peace Initiative.
- Promotion of renewable energy initiatives in the region as Peaceful Energy.